Land Rover’s Ride Height Adjustment
What is Ride Height Adjustment?
Land Rover vehicles are renowned for their luxury, comfort, and versatility. One of the standout features contributing to their exceptional performance is the ability to adjust the vehicle height. Ride Height Adjustment refers to the capability of altering the distance between the vehicle’s chassis and the ground. This feature is not only aesthetically pleasing but allows drivers to optimise their air suspension system, enabling the vehicle to adapt to various driving scenarios. Whether cruising on the highway, navigating city streets, or conquering off-road terrains, the Adaptive Ride feature ensures a smooth and comfortable experience.
Ride Height Adjustment Settings
Available on the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Discovery 5, and Defender, the electronic air suspension that enables Ride Height Adjustment typically offers multiple height settings, ranging from ‘access height’ to ‘off-road height.’ Accessing the suspension controls may involve using the vehicle’s touchscreen display or a dedicated control panel, usually in the center console or the driver’s door. Consult the owner’s manual for specific instructions, or ask our team.
The ability to raise or lower the suspension provides several advantages for both on and off-road driving.
- Access Height: Used for easy entry and exit, this setting lowers the vehicle to its lowest position, making it more convenient for passengers to get in and out.
- Standard Ride Height: This is the default setting for everyday driving, providing a balanced combination of comfort, performance, and fuel efficiency.
- Off-Road Height: Engaging this mode raises the vehicle to its maximum height, optimizing ground clearance and approach/departure angles for off-road adventures.
- Highway Height: Automatically activated at higher speeds, this setting lowers the vehicle to improve aerodynamics and fuel efficiency on highways.
Rear Height Adjustment
Not only does the air suspension adjustment alter the entire vehicle’s height, it can be isolated to the rear suspension, allowing for the boot height to be adjusted. The rear height adjust feature is useful when loading or unloading from the boot space, connecting or disconnecting a trailer, and manoeuvring a connected trailer.
Rear height adjustment can be activated by using the buttons in the boot. Unlock the vehicle and open the tailgate to enable the buttons.
How to Adjust Height Using Smart Key
Alternatively, the smart key has the ability to adjust the rear suspension from both inside and outside of the vehicle by pressing specific smart key buttons, the rear suspension height can be lowered, raised, and set back to normal. To do this
- Safely stop the vehicle.
- Press the hazard warning lights button on the dashboard. (Pressing on the smart key will sound alarm – unfortunately tested in our showroom).
- Simultaneously press and hold the headlights button (1) and the taildoor button (2) to lower the vehicle.
- Simultaneously press and hold the headlights button (1) and the unlock button (3) to raise the vehicle.
- Simultaneously press and hold the headlights button (1) and the lock button (4) to return the vehicle to the normal height setting.
This may vary depending on vehicle. Consult the owner’s manual for specific instructions, or ask our team.
The electronic air suspension ensures that your Land Rover is ready to conquer any terrain with style and comfort. Mastering the art of height adjustment allows Land Rover enthusiasts to unlock the full potential of their luxury SUV, creating a driving experience tailored to their preferences and the demands of the road ahead.